Fogler, Rubinoff is a mid-sized business law firm with approximately 240 support staff and lawyers. Our firm successfully balances high standards of professionalism with a congenial, flexible work environment for our staff and lawyers. We are committed to delivering responsive, quality service, advice and technical expertise and seek support staff that strive for excellence, are committed to client service and enjoy working as part of a team.
Fogler, Rubinoff offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including health & dental, life insurance, LTD and AD&D coverage.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is committed to a diverse workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified women and men, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Consider achieving your career goals with us: email@example.com.
All resumes are reviewed and maintained for six months. Should we require more information, and/or need to arrange for an interview, we will contact you. Please, no inquiries. Thank you for your interest in Fogler, Rubinoff LLP.
Interested Candidates are invited to forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the full recruitment process including: draft, revise and post jobs, conduct applicant telephone screenings, conduct interviews, coordinate applicant testing, contact employment references, and keep internal applicant database current
- Coordinate the employee onboarding process including: communication to all administrative departments, firm announcements, policy overview, payroll setup, health and safety training orientation, coordinate setup of training modules for AODA and Violence & Harassment Prevention, assign mentors, etc
- Schedule monthly meetings with department chairs to review staffing/coverage or recruitment needs as required
- Liaise with legal assistants and lawyers on a weekly basis to ensure short-term staffing needs are met and on a daily basis as required to ensure proper coverage and work flow allocation
- Collaborate and give direction to administrative departments and/or staff with respect to firm procedures/processes
- Employee relations management
- Coordinate staff performance reviews utilizing viDesktop including: performance and compensation review schedules, revisions to evaluation forms, review performance review feedback with employees when required, schedule training as required
- Assist with the review and implementation of firm policies and procedures
- Maintains the office policy manual
- Organize staff events
- Assist in the administration of the group benefit plan including: extended health, dental and disability benefits, retirement savings plans and employee assistance program
- Process lawyer and support team payrolls
- Actively participate as a member of the Occupational Health & Safety Committee and assisting the firm in meeting its obligations as determined by the legislation
- Provide back up and support to the Facilities Coordinator with respect to management of the firm's premises and contents
- Periodically provide administrative assistance to the Marketing and Business Development Manager.
- Human Resources Management degree or diploma from a recognized university or college
- CHRL/CHRP designation an asset
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in a human resources department and/or as part of a management team preferably in a law firm or professional services firm
- Knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act and AODA
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client service skills
- Conscientious with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Office 2013, Benefits Administration Portals, and Ceridian Payroll Systems would be considered an asset
- A professional demeanor and ability to juggle multiple priorities.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP offers a congenial work environment, competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and a full benefits program. Our benefits include health and dental coverage, competitive vacation entitlement, referral programs, employee assistance program, and employee discount services. When starting at FR, new team members are provided a comprehensive training and orientation program. Our firm strives to continue to nurture the professional development of our support staff through offering training workshops regularly throughout the year and Lunch & Learn events on a variety of topics on a quarterly basis.
We look forward to meeting the successful candidate and having a long-term professional relationship. Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence by Monday, August 13, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Junior Legal Assistant - Floater
The duties and responsibilities of the Junior Legal Assistant include:
- Transcribe and type deeds, wills, affidavits, briefs, and other legal documents
- Process court documents from beginning to end
- Draft and amend correspondence through general instruction, standard format or dictation
- Open and distribute lawyer's mail and schedules appointments in calendar
- Maintain lawyer's files/records
- Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc., as specifically directed by lawyer
- Perform routine clerical, administrative and general office duties
- Certificate/Diploma from a recognized post-secondary legal program
- 2 years' relevant experience, working in a law firm
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2013
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Working knowledge of ACL, Teraview and PPSA considered an asset