Yadira is an associate in Fogler Rubinoff’s business law department. Yadira maintains a diverse business and regulatory law practice. She advises on corporate governance, business transactions, regulatory compliance and commercial agreements. Yadira has represented solar and wind developers, indigenous governments, municipal governments, public hospitals, manufacturers, restaurant owners, and a range of other businesses.
During her first few years of practice, Yadira received litigation training and was involved in high profile hearings in the renewable energy and environmental sector.
Yadira is a published author and a speaker and sits on the Board of Directors of a national renewable energy education charity. She has been mentioned in Lexpert as regulatory counsel for large solar transactions and has also been a business law advisor to Ryerson University's Business and Law Clinic.
MARCH 01 2017
What's "Trending Now" in Digital Advertising & Marketing Law
AUGUST 18 2016
Myriah Graves and Yadira Flores Featured in Lexpert's article "Beyond Grades"
Myriah Graves and Yadira Flores were interviewed by Lexpert Magazine in the article “Beyond Grades” which discusses how law firm are not just looking at transcripts when evaluating applicants – volunteer and previous work experience can also give you a leg up. Read the article here.
DECEMBER 16 2015
Change in Climate: Ontario Introduces Cap and Trade
DECEMBER 07 2015
Cap and Trade Design Options Up for Comment
NOVEMBER 16 2015
A Brief Look at Bill 135: The Energy Statute Law Amendment Act, 2015
MAY 01 2013
Highlights of the Safe Food For Industry
APRIL 01 2013
Bill On Local Food Act Re-Introduced
MARCH 01 2013
New Transition Plan for Natural Health Products
- Regulatory counsel to borrowers in connection with various construction loans and term financings relating to ground mount solar projects (2013 - 2015)
- Counsel to Canadian Solar in connection with sale of several 10MW solar power plants to BluEarth valued at $66 million each (2014) and in connection with sale of three 10 MW solar projects to Renewable Energy Trust (2014 - 2015)
- Nelson Aggregate Co., [unreported], 2012, Case #08-030 [JB]
- Suncor Energy Products Inc. v. Town of Plympton Wyoming 2014, ONSC 2934
- Canadian Solar - Visconti v. Director (MOE), ERT Case No. 13-078/13-082
- Speaker, What's Trending Now in Digital Advertising & Marketing Law Seminar "Contests on Social Media - Preparing Winning Rules and Ads," (February, 2017)
- Speaker at the Canadian Biogas Association 2016: “Value of Biogas” Conference & Forum – (March 22, 23, 2016)
- Speaker at Canadian Institute conference on "Consumer Product Safety Liability and Recalls" (2013)
- TREC Education (2015 - present)
- Volunteer - Ryerson Business Clinic Advisor
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Hispanic Bar Association
- Young Women in Law
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, 2011
- Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, J.D., 2010
- York University, B.A. Psychology, 2006