Yadira is an associate in Fogler Rubinoff’s business law department and has been a member of Fogler, Rubinoff’s Environmental and Energy Law group since her call to the Bar in 2011.
Yadira maintains a diverse legal practice that includes advising clients on matters relating to environment, energy, climate change, public health, aboriginal law and general corporate/commercial issues. She has represented solar companies, wind developers, public hospitals, first nations, municipalities, manufacturers, restaurant owners and other businesses in connection with regulatory aspects, financings, public procurements, re-organizations, asset sales, share sales, and various business agreements. Yadira also advises clients on policy and regulatory compliance matters and has prepared numerous legal opinions relating to the substantive areas of law in which she practices.
Yadira also has experience representing clients before tribunals, superior court and commissions. Her litigation experience has been an integral part of her development as a strategic thinker and a skilled advocate.
MARCH 01 2017
What's "Trending Now" in Digital Advertising & Marketing Law
AUGUST 18 2016
Myriah Graves and Yadira Flores Featured in Lexpert's article "Beyond Grades"
Myriah Graves and Yadira Flores were interviewed by Lexpert Magazine in the article “Beyond Grades” which discusses how law firm are not just looking at transcripts when evaluating applicants – volunteer and previous work experience can also give you a leg up. Read the article here.
DECEMBER 16 2015
Change in Climate: Ontario Introduces Cap and Trade
DECEMBER 07 2015
Cap and Trade Design Options Up for Comment
NOVEMBER 16 2015
A Brief Look at Bill 135: The Energy Statute Law Amendment Act, 2015
MAY 01 2013
Highlights of the Safe Food For Industry
APRIL 01 2013
Bill On Local Food Act Re-Introduced
MARCH 01 2013
New Transition Plan for Natural Health Products
- Regulatory counsel to borrowers in connection with various construction loans and term financings relating to ground mount solar projects (2013 - 2015)
- Counsel to Canadian Solar in connection with sale of several 10MW solar power plants to BluEarth valued at $66 million each (2014) and in connection with sale of three 10 MW solar projects to Renewable Energy Trust (2014 - 2015)
- Nelson Aggregate Co., [unreported], 2012, Case #08-030 [JB]
- Suncor Energy Products Inc. v. Town of Plympton Wyoming 2014, ONSC 2934
- Canadian Solar - Visconti v. Director (MOE), ERT Case No. 13-078/13-082
- Speaker, What's Trending Now in Digital Advertising & Marketing Law Seminar "Contests on Social Media - Preparing Winning Rules and Ads," (February, 2017)
- Speaker at the Canadian Biogas Association 2016: “Value of Biogas” Conference & Forum – (March 22, 23, 2016)
- Speaker at Canadian Institute conference on "Consumer Product Safety Liability and Recalls" (2013)
- TREC Education (2015 - present)
- Volunteer - Ryerson Business Clinic Advisor
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Hispanic Bar Association
- Young Women in Law
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, 2011
- Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, J.D., 2010
- York University, B.A. Psychology, 2006