We have an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant, who will provide general administrative support to our various admin departments (Mail Room, Reception, Switchboard, and Hospitality Services).
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience in an administrative support, front desk, or receptionist role. Previous customer/client service experience is required. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide ongoing assistance and coverage to administrative departments as listed below:
- Back-up our Mail Room Clerks during absences and high volume times;
- Assist with copy, print, and scan;
- Receive couriers and deliveries;
- Arrange mail pick-up and inter-office delivery as required; and
- Process requests for sending mail and packages using Canada Post and local and international courier services.
Reception & Switchboard:
- Back-up receptionist during breaks and absences;
- Manage meeting room bookings;
- Greet clients and guests;
- Answer and direct phone calls;
- Respond to new and existing client inquiries in a timely manner;
- Manage all general inquiries via telephone and email; and
- Take messages.
Meeting Room & Hospitality Services:
- Provide assistance to hospitality team as required;
- Set up and clean meeting rooms (i.e. sanitizing, adjusting furniture, refreshing supplies etc.); and
- Clean and re-stock serveries, lunch room, and lounge.
General Administrative Duties:
- Assist with filing and file closing procedures; and
- Assist with organizing files for closing.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an administrative support role, front desk, or receptionist role, with direct customer/client service.
- A positive, professional, upbeat personality and the ability to interact with clients and members of the firm in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic and professional manner.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities with ease.
- Demonstrates good judgement and comfortable seeking advice and guidance from other team members when necessary.
- Possesses basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, contacts, calendar).
- Eager to learn new skills and adapt to new technology.
- Requires standing/ walking;
- Requires lifting up to 20 lbs (ex. office supplies, files, boxes); and
- Requires ability to twist and bend (ex. loading/unloading carts, etc.).
Why You Should Apply:
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP offers a congenial work environment, competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits program. Our benefits include health and dental coverage, competitive vacation packages, referral programs, and employee assistance programs. When starting at Foglers, new team members are provided a comprehensive training and orientation program. Our firm strives to nurture the professional development of our support staff through offering training workshops regularly throughout the year and Lunch & Learn events on a variety of topics on a quarterly basis.
We look forward to meeting the successful candidate and having a long-term professional relationship. Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your e-mail.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected
for an interview will be contacted.