Our firm has an immediate opening for an Assistant in our Corporate Services Department (CSD). Reporting to the CSD Manager this position will require a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities. The successful candidate will be organized, discreet, and detail oriented. In addition, the successful candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and amend legal documentation and correspondence through general instruction, standard format or dictation;
- Prepare corporate minute books, agreements, and all related support documentation as required;
- Maintain lawyer files/records system;
- Providing backup coverage for others;
- Handle administrative details, including accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.; and
- Perform routine clerical and general office duties as required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Legal Administration or Law Clerk Diploma preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of business and legal terminology, and knowledge of corporate law considered an asset;
- Administrative, organizational and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to Word and Outlook, and Corporate Database and Aderant Accounting software considered an asset;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong research and problem solving skills;
- Detail oriented, hardworking and self-motivated;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision from Manager and Law Clerks, and possesses a team player attitude; and
- Professional demeanor with the ability to interact and effectively communicate with individuals at all levels.
Why You Should Apply:
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP offers a congenial work environment, competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and a full benefits program. Our benefits include health and dental coverage, competitive vacation packages, referral programs, employee assistance, and employee discount services. When starting at the Firm, new team members are provided a comprehensive training and orientation program. Our Firm strives to continue to nurture the professional development of our support staff through offering training workshops regularly throughout the year and Lunch & Learn events on a variety of topics on a quarterly basis.
We look forward to meeting the successful candidate and having a long-term professional relationship. Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your e-mail.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected
for an interview will be contacted.