Our firm has an immediate opening for a Legal Assistant in our business law group. The successful candidate will provide general and administrative support to the lawyers in the department and will have a minimum of 3 years’ legal assistant experience. The position will require a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities. The successful candidate will be organized, discreet, and detail oriented. In addition, the successful candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and amend legal documentation and correspondence through general instruction, standard format or dictation;
- Handling all administrative duties (email and calendar management, arranging meetings, etc.);
- Maintain lawyer files/records system;
- Communicate with clients and third parties;
- Providing backup coverage for others;
- Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc., as specifically directed by lawyer; and
- Perform routine clerical, administrative and general office duties.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma preferred;
- Solid understanding of business and legal terminology;
- Strong technical skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Calendar);
- Familiarity with Aderant accounting software an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Client-service oriented;
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; and
- Conscientious with strong attention to detail.
Why You Should Apply:
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP offers a congenial work environment, competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and a full benefits program. Our benefits include health and dental coverage, competitive vacation packages, referral programs, employee assistance, and employee discount services. When starting at the Firm, new team members are provided a comprehensive training and orientation program. Our Firm strives to continue to nurture the professional development of our support staff through offering training workshops regularly throughout the year and Lunch & Learn events on a variety of topics on a quarterly basis.
We look forward to meeting the successful candidate and having a long-term professional relationship. Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your e-mail.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected
for an interview will be contacted.