Why become an Fogler, Rubinoff (“FR”) team member?
At FR, one of our fundamental objectives is to keep our employees and their families healthy—physically, emotionally, and financially. To ensure the health and wellness of all our team members, we offer our Law Clerk, Staff and Support team members a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, dental, “flex” health care spending, disability insurance, a robust Employee and Family Assistance Program, an annual fitness allowance and an RRSP matching program.
All our team members enjoy flexible working schedules, and most positions are eligible to participate in our hybrid workplace structure, attending to the office 2-3 days per week. Our team members also receive a generous Time Away from Work package, including flexible paid Personal Time Off, Volunteer time, paid Birthday, Moving Day, and more.
We believe in recognizing and rewarding our team members through our Milestone Anniversary Bonus program and our monthly acknowledgement of service excellence through our peer-to-peer “FRecognition” program. All team members enjoy complimentary on-site breakfast and snacks twice a week, and are invited to attend our annual events such as our Summer Gathering, Staff Appreciation Week, and our Holiday party.
We support continued professional development and encourage professional and personal growth through our “FR Academy”, a learning management system offering a variety of online educational modules that cater to enhancing our internal training and learning culture.
Legal Assistant Float Job Description:
We are currently recruiting a Legal Assistant Float to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative and practice management support to lawyers in a several different practice areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete legal assistant duties for assigned teams in any of FR’s practice areas, including, but not limited to Litigation;
- Drafts and amends correspondence and documents through general instruction, precedents or dictation;
- Maintains lawyers’ documents, files, and record systems;
- Arrange for service and filing of legal documents to process servers/agents with the appropriate court;
- Communicates with clients and third parties; and
- Perform other routine clerical, administrative and general office duties.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Legal Assistant in same or similar practice areas as FR;
- Strong knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and proficient in preparing court forms;
- Strong technical skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Calendar), Automated Civil Litigation (ACL), and Legal Essence;
- Familiarity with Aderant accounting software an asset;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work productively with a variety of personalities, workstyles, and processes;
- Conscientious with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Solid understanding of business and legal terminology;
- Maintains confidential and sensitive information in a discreet manner;
- Client-service oriented; and
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently.
Want to join our FR team?
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence to email@example.com. Please let us know how you found our job posting in your e-mail. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Fogler, Rubinoff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.