Why become an Fogler, Rubinoff (“FR”) team member?
At FR, one of our fundamental objectives is to keep our employees and their families healthy—physically, emotionally, and financially. To ensure the health and wellness of all our team members, we offer our Law Clerk, Staff and Support team members a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, dental, “flex” health care spending, disability insurance, a robust Employee and Family Assistance Program, an annual fitness allowance and an RRSP matching program.
All our team members enjoy flexible working schedules, and most positions are eligible to participate in our hybrid workplace structure, attending to the office 2-3 days per week. Our team members also receive a generous Time Away from Work package, including flexible paid Personal Time Off, Volunteer time, paid Birthday, Moving Day, and more.
We believe in recognizing and rewarding our team members through our Milestone Anniversary Bonus program and our monthly acknowledgement of service excellence through our peer-to-peer “FRecognition” program. All team members enjoy complimentary on-site breakfast and snacks twice a week, and are invited to attend our annual events such as our Summer Gathering, Staff Appreciation Week, and our Holiday party.
We support continued professional development and encourage professional and personal growth through our “FR Academy”, a learning management system offering a variety of online educational modules that cater to enhancing our internal training and learning culture.
Senior Legal Assistant Job Description:
Our firm has an immediate opening for a senior level Legal Assistant. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Legal Assistant and/or Executive Assistant. This position will require impeccable time management, organization, and excellent attention to detail. This opportunity is ideal for candidates who excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages lawyers’ calendars, including meetings, appointments, and due dates, and coordinates client meetings and lawyers travel arrangements;
- Handles administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc., as specifically directed by lawyer;
- Drafts and amends correspondence and documents through general instruction, precedents or dictation;
- Maintains lawyers’ documents, files, and record systems;
- Communicates with clients and third parties;
- Provides backup coverage for others; and
- Perform other routine clerical, administrative and general office duties.
- 10 years’ experience as a Legal Assistant, or 10 years combined experience as a Legal Assistant and Executive Assistant in a professional services environment;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Conscientious with strong attention to detail;
- Strong technical skills using DMS and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Calendar);
- Familiarity with Aderant accounting software an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Solid understanding of business and legal terminology;
- Maintains confidential and sensitive information in a discreet manner;
- Client-service oriented; and
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently.
Want to join our FR Team?
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence to email@example.com. Please let us know how you found our job posting in your e-mail. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Fogler, Rubinoff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.