Why become an Fogler, Rubinoff (“FR”) team member?
At FR, one of our fundamental objectives is to keep our employees and their families healthy—physically, emotionally, and financially. To ensure the health and wellness of all our team members, we offer our Law Clerk, Staff and Support team members a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, dental, “flex” health care spending, disability insurance, a robust Employee and Family Assistance Program, an annual fitness allowance and an RRSP matching program.
All our team members enjoy flexible working schedules, and most positions are eligible to participate in our hybrid workplace structure. Our team members also receive a generous Time Away from Work package, including flexible paid Personal Time Off, Volunteer time, paid Birthday, Moving Day, and more.
We believe in recognizing and rewarding our team members through our Milestone Anniversary Bonus program and our monthly acknowledgement of service excellence through our peer-to-peer “FRecognition” program. All team members enjoy complimentary on-site breakfast and snacks twice a week, and are invited to attend our annual events such as our Summer Gathering, Staff Appreciation Week, and our Holiday party.
We support continued professional development and encourage professional and personal growth through our “FR Academy”, a learning management system offering a variety of online educational modules that cater to enhancing our internal training and learning culture.
Trust Administrator Job Description:
Our firm has an immediate opening for a Trust Administrator. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role, or a comparable background and an eagerness to learn.
The Trust Administrator’s primary responsibility will be to maintain trust fund activities including deposits, disbursements and investments, and all tracking, filing, imaging, and record-keeping according to Law Society Guidelines, KYC and internal firm policies. The successful candidate will be able to multitask multiple duties in a busy office, with the ability to prioritize, have strong investigative skills and to take ownership of an issue through to resolution. This position will be required to be on-site 3 days per week, and may be required to work overtime as required to meet client requests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Trust Administrator is responsible for managing all trust fund activities as outlined below:
- Record all incoming deposits;
- Prepare trust cheques and maintain incoming/outgoing wire transfers;
- Open/Close investments and record interest;
- Prepare & records f/x contracts for client funds;
- Reconcile trust bank accounts daily;
- Maintain, manage inactive trust funds, including stale-dated cheques;
- File annual T5, NR4 and T4A-NR supplementary returns with the CRA;
- Manage annual CDIC reporting for Trust funds;
- Assist in the completion of annual trust audits;
- Respond to queries from stakeholders (lawyer, law clerks, legal assistants, banking representatives) in a prompt and professional manner;
- Provide support to other accounting team members as required, and address general accounting department inquiries; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to be cross trained with other roles within the Accounting Department;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a solution oriented attitude;
- Ability to work in a methodical, organized manner, with a high degree of attention to detail, while maintaining quick and efficient data entry;
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision;
- Dedicated to providing excellent service to clients (internal & external) and consistently meet expectations;
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately and in a timely manner; and
- Ability to take initiative & suggest ideas for improvement.
- Solid understanding of Law Society By-Laws as they relate to Trust Accounting;
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Intermediate working knowledge of legal accounting software (Aderant/CMS Accounting System – Classic considered an asset);
- High level of proficiency working in on-line banking platforms;
- College diploma or university degree in a business discipline, including some accounting and finance courses, or comparable years of experience in lieu; and
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in a law firm setting.
Want to join our FR team?
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence to email@example.com. Please let us know how you found our job posting in your e-mail. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Fogler, Rubinoff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.