Artem is a member of the firm’s Business Law and Financial Services Groups. His practice is focused on commercial transactions, including corporate and commercial finance, syndicated lending, mezzanine financing, asset based lending, mergers and acquisitions, turnarounds, workouts, liquidations, debt restructurings, corporate reorganizations, enforcement of debtor/creditor rights, plans of arrangement under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (Canada) and proposals and bankruptcies under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (Canada). Artem has acted for lenders, debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, private and court-appointed receivers, trustees in bankruptcy, monitors and purchasers of distressed assets. Prior to joining Fogler, Rubinoff LLP, Artem practiced law at a major Toronto law firm exclusively in the area of bankruptcy and insolvency and related litigation.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Closing a Business in Canada, Doing Business, World Bank and International Finance Corporation, 2009 and 2010
- "Bankruptcy and Insolvency in Canada: An Overview", annual presenter to the Pre-LLM Foundations Program, Osgoode Professional Development, Osgoode Hall Law School.
- Executive Member of the National Business Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Canada Eurasia Russia Business Association
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, 2005
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, Juris Doctor, 2004
- Samara State Pedagogical University (Samara, Russia), Masters Degree in Foreign Languages (Linguistics), 1995