David Levangie is a Partner in Fogler, Rubinoff's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group. He maintains a general litigation practice with a focus on complex commercial litigation and arbitrations. David also has broad and diverse experience in administrative law, particularly in education related matters and is a past Chair of the Ontario Bar Association Education Law Section.
David has extensive experience in cases considering breach of contract, shareholder disputes, oppression and breaches of fiduciary duties. David has acted as lead counsel before all levels of Court in Ontario, the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, arbitration panels, and administrative and regulatory Tribunals.
In 2016, David was the recipient of the University of Ottawa's Faculty of Social Sciences Outstanding Alumni Award for his exceptional contributions to the community.
In 2005, David obtained a B.Soc.Sc. in Criminology and Political Science, graduating Summa Cum Laude, and was awarded the Silver Medal for the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Ottawa. He obtained an LL.B. from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2008 and was called to the Ontario bar in 2009.
David is proud of his 6 years of service in the Canadian Armed Forces. During his service he was the recipient of numerous awards, including Soldier of the Year for his Regiment, and Service Person of the Year for the entire Communications Group (comprised of Regiments and Units across Ontario).
NOVEMBER 11 2016
David Levangie Remembers Injured Heroes
David Levangie, winner of the 2016 University of Ottawa Outstanding Alumni Award, gave the address at the University of Ottawa's Remembrance Day Ceremony. According to David, “If we are truly going to make Remembrance Day meaningful, we also have to remember the soldiers who have come home and who are injured and need help and resources. We need to remember those soldiers who have committed suicide. They may not have died in battle but they are still casualties of the battlefield.”
SEPTEMBER 15 2016
Congratulations to David Levangie on being the recipient of the 2016 Outstanding Alumni Award from the University of Ottawa.
Fogler, Rubinoff partner David Levangie has been honoured with the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Social Sciences’ Outstanding Alumni Award for his exceptional contributions to the community.
The Faculty of Social Sciences' Outstanding Alumni Award is presented annually in recognition of exceptional contributions to the community. The purpose of the award is to recognize Faculty alumni who have enhanced the reputation of their academic unit, of the Faculty and of the University through their outstanding career, public service, community service or academic achievements. The Faculty wishes to demonstrate the pride it has in its alumni all the while providing inspiration to other alumni as well as to current students.
- Etas Administrator Inc. v Bell, 2016 ONSC 1597 (CanLII)
- Inventory on Credit Inc. v 1901243 Ontario Inc. et al., 2015 ONSC 6304 (CanLII)
- Marina Bay Sands Pte. Ltd. v Jian Tu aka Tu Jian, 2015 ONSC 5011 (CanLII)
- Tsymbalarou v. Gordon, 2013 ONSC 5358 (CanLII)
- Thompson v. 1704275 Ontario Inc., 2013 HRTO 139 (CanLII)
- Noble Jewelery and Merchandising Co. Ltd v. Epic International Fine Jewellery Inc., 2012 ONSC 7359 (CanLII)
- The Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Chair, Ontario Bar Association, Education Law Section 2012-2013
- Vice Chair, Ontario Bar Association, Education Law Section 2011-2012
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B., 2008
- University of Ottawa, B.Soc. Sc., 2005
- University of Ottawa, Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Silver Medallist