Lori has a broad business law practice with an emphasis on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. She advises clients regularly on complex commercial contracts and general corporate matters. Lori has acted for entrepreneurs and start-ups as well as multinational companies in domestic and cross-border transactions. She advises both private and public entities, and acts for investors/lenders as well as investees/borrowers. Lori has advised clients on investment structures, private equity and venture capital transactions, shareholder and partnership agreements, share and asset purchases, business combinations, reorganizations and security arrangements. She has acted on various private and public financings, involving both debt and equity.
Lori represents Canadian and international clients in a broad range of industries including technology, entertainment, manufacturing, transportation, natural resources and consumer products. She is Co-chair of the FR Women's Network and a member of the firm's Business Development Committee.
Lori speaks regularly to professional and industry groups about topics that relate to business law, such as business structures, how to position your company for growth, access to capital and questions to ask before becoming a company director.
- Canada-U.S. Commercial Law Guide, Author of cross-border securities chapter
- The Bank Act, Annotated, Major contributor
- American Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canada's Venture Capital & Private Equity Association
- Canadian Women in Private Equity, Member of Executive Committee
- Law Society of Ontario
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Ontario Bar Association
- Women in Capital Markets, Chair of Polished Professionalism Committee
- Women's Executive Network
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, 1989
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.M. (Securities Law), 1998
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, LL.B., 1987
- University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies, Business Essentials for Lawyers Course, 2006
- Completed the Canadian Securities Course and the advanced securities programs Canadian Investment Finance I and II, Canadian Securities Institute
- Past Chair, Young Lawyers Division of the Ontario Bar Association
- Former member of Council of the Canadian Bar Association - Ontario and various committees of the Canadian Bar Association
- Former course instructor, Business Law Section of the Bar Admission Course