We’re delighted to once again be recognized by The Globe and Mail as one of Canada’s Best Law Firms with a distinction in real estate and banking & finance.
The report spotlights the 200 law firms nationwide most highly recommended by others in the legal profession. The list of Canada’s Best Law Firms is based on 10,000 survey results from lawyers (peer-to-peer) and clients (corporate legal departments). The complete 2023 report is available in The Globe and Mail’s Report on Business.
Foglers is pleased to announce that the following 36 lawyers were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada.
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding lawyers by conducting peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
- Tammy Anklewicz – Trusts and Estates
- Kathryn Balter – Trusts and Estates
- Don Bourgeois – Gaming Law
- Blair Bowen – Corporate & Commercial Litigation
- Denis Chamberland – Public Procurement Law
- Steven Cygelfarb – Real Estate Law and Commercial Leasing Law
- Milton A. Davis – Legal Malpractice Law
- Ronald Davis – Privacy and Data Security Law
- Roberto De Pasquale – Corporate Law “Ones to Watch”
- Pritika Deepak – Tax Law “Ones to Watch”
- Tim Duncan – Municipal Law
- Albert Engel – Environmental Law
- Joel Farber – Expropriation Law
- Michael B. Fraleigh – Health Care Law and Medical Negligence
- Joseph Fried – Real Estate Law
- Jeffrey B. Goldenberg – Real Estate Law
- Bill Hearn – Advertising and Marketing Law
- Katherine Hensel – Aboriginal Law / Indigenous Practice
- Eric N. Hoffstein – Charities/Non-Profit, Construction Law and Trusts and Estates
- Ian N. Kady – Real Estate Law
- Gary Kissack – Aboriginal Law / Indigenous Practice
- Ross MacDougall – Construction Law
- Kenneth W. Movat – Construction Law
- Young Park – Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Lori Prokopich – Banking & Finance Law
- Karen Rosen – Corporate Law & Energy Law
- Howard Rubinoff – Banking and Finance Law
- Leneo Sdao – Real Estate Law
- Immi Sikand – Immigration law
- Michael S. Slan – Natural Resources Law
- Ronald M. Snyder – Employment & Labour Law
- Colleen Spring Zimmerman – Intellectual Property Law
- Avi Sugar – Real Estate Law
- William J. Taggart – Aboriginal Law
- Mary Wahbi – Trusts and Estates
- Larry Winton – Real Estate Law
Congratulations to Myriah Graves, Director of Professional Development, on being the recipient of a NALP Service Excellence Award.
The award recognize volunteers who go above and beyond making notable contributions to the organization and its members. According to NALP’s Board of Directors “Myriah adds tremendous value to everything in which she is involved. NALP, its members, and the students and attorneys we serve have all benefited from Myriah’s thoughtful and effective leadership in helping to refine and develop programming that effectively serves NALP and the legal profession.”
Myriah was recognized for her exceptional leadership as the Chair of NALP’s Canadian Section in 2020-2021, Co-Chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Work Group in 2021, and for taking the lead in developing NALP’s Canadian Winter Meeting in December 2021.
Congratulations to our Partners on being recognized leading lawyers in the 2022 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory.
Steven A. Cygelfarb – Property Leasing
Albert M. Engel – Environmental Law
Maurice V.R. Fleming – Asset Equipment Finance
Michael B. Fraleigh – Medical Negligence
Bill Hearn – Advertising & Marketing Law
Katherine Hensel – Aboriginal Law
Eric Hoffstein – Estate & Personal Tax Planning and Estate Litigation
Karen Rosen – Asset Based Lending
Congratulations to Kevin Shipley on being one of only 35 Canadians listed in the 2022 IAM Strategy 300 Global Leaders Guide. A slot in the 300 Global Leaders is a mark of a professional whose approach to intellectual property is recognized by clients and peers as truly strategic in nature.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is pleased to announce that the firm has been recognized as a highly regarded firm in Ontario in the area of corporate/commercial law.
In addition, 3 of the firm’s partners have been recognized in the 2022 Guide as leaders in their areas of practice:
- Don Bourgeois is recognized in the area of Gaming & Licensing
- Bill Hearn is recognized in the area of Advertising & Marketing
- Rick Moscone is recognized in the area of Corporate/Commercial
According to Chambers:
Fogler, Rubinoff is a well-known mid-sized law firm with a full-service commercial law practice in Toronto. The corporate department advises both public and private companies on M&A, corporate governance and regulatory compliance, as well as commercial litigation. The firm also represents entrepreneurs and family-owned businesses and provides noted securities expertise. It also operates an esteemed real estate practice.Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2022
Chambers and Partners publishes one of the most respected legal directories in the world and is a trusted source of information for the legal community. The Chambers Canada Guide covers lawyers and law firms practicing in all provinces and territories in Canada and recommends lawyers and law firms in over 40 specialist practice areas.
Congratulations to Kevin Shipley who has been recognized in the 2021 IAM Strategy 300: The World’s Leading IP Strategists, which recognizes individuals who lead the way in the development and implementation of world-class IP value creation programs.
“Kevin Shipley showcases strategic prowess in developing international patent filing approaches that strengthen his clients’ position in competitive markets. He moves applications through to allowance quickly and works in an efficient and effective manner to support optimal business decision making.”IAM Strategy 300, 2021
Congratulations to Rick Moscone on being recognized in Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business, for his transactional work.
According to Chambers, Rick receives recognition for his transactional work, frequently handling securities and M&A matters. Based in Toronto, he is well equipped to assist clients with transactions in the cannabis industry.
“In my opinion, Rick Moscone’s strengths are his knowledge and experience related to securities rules and regulations, his responsiveness and his willingness to assist whenever possible. He is pragmatic, very commercial, technically strong and a very able securities lawyer.”Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2022
Congratulations to Kathryn Balter on receiving the Gerald W. Owen Book Prize for achieving the highest overall combined mark in The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Diploma Program.
Kathryn, and other award recipients, were recognized for their achievements at the annual STEP Conference
Eight Foglers’ lawyers have been rated as Leading Practitioners in their respective areas of practice by The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, 2021. Congratulations to the following:
- Steven A. Cygelfarb – Property Leasing
- Albert Engel – Environmental Law
- Bill Hearn – Advertising & Marketing Law
- Eric Hoffstein – Estate & Personal Tax Planning and Estate Litigation
- Gary Kissack – Aboriginal Law
- Kenneth W. Movat – Construction Law
- Karen R. Rosen – Asset-Based Lending
- Mary Wahbi – Estate & Personal Tax Planning
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory is an annual ranking of Canadian lawyers in over 40 practice areas, based on peer review surveys plus personal interviews with senior members of the profession.