Our Health Law group has vast experience advising health care practitioners on all aspects of their relationships with regulatory colleges. As a health care practitioner, you recognize the significant degree of exposure you face in the event of a College complaint, and understand that expert representation is vital. In such cases, you’ll appreciate the confidence our experienced team brings to the representation of health care professionals subject to proceedings before their Regulatory College or at the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board.
Our expertise includes a variety of complex, sensitive and challenging matters relating to:
- defence of health care professionals in disciplinary matters before their college such as sexual impropriety, breaches of standards and conflicts of interest
- assisting new or foreign trained practitioners to obtain registration
- providing advice and representation to health care practitioners accused of being incapacitated, including assistance before boards of inquiry and fitness to practice committees
- representation of health care practitioners in peer review/assessment and before the quality assurance committees of the various regulatory colleges
- handling appeals and judicial reviews of adverse decisions
- advocating for physicians participating in the OMA’s Physician Health Program