When a tenant vacates or abandons premises, what they leave behind can lead to many questions and problems for a landlord, including in relation to equipment, furniture, inventory, alcohol, or cannabis. This program will discuss how a landlord should handle such property.
On the other hand, where a tenant takes all the property with them, strips the tenant corporation of its assets, and opens a new company, what remedies does a landlord have?
Join members of Fogler, Rubinoff LLP’s Leasing and Real Estate Litigation Groups for an informative session on how to deal with property when tenants take it, or leave it, and your rights under the Lease and at common law. More specifically, the Foglers team will discuss:
- When is property considered abandoned?
- What to do with specific types of property?
- What steps should you take in respect of abandoned property?
- What impact does the Repair and Storage Liens Act have on the Landlord’s obligations in respect of abandoned property?
- Can directors be personally liable for a corporate tenant’s lease obligations in midnight move scenarios?
Date: Thursday, June 1, 2023
Location: Fogler, Rubinoff LLP – 77 King St. West, 30th Floor, TD Centre, North Tower
Presentation: 4:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. | Networking: 5:15 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
RSVP to: Kaley Green at email@example.com