Our firm has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Securities Law Clerk in our Securities Department. This position will require a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience and a thorough understanding, and ability to apply working knowledge, of the relevant securities legislation.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage complex issues for public companies with various Securities Commissions, CDS Inc.
- Proficiency with CUSIP/ISIN Request and Eligibility Applications, and settlement confirmations and matters with CDS Inc.
- Draft public offering supporting documents pursuant to the Long Form, Short Form and Shelf offering systems, and proficiency with offering submissions via SEDAR
- Independently handle annual and interim continuous disclosure client filing schedules, document preparation and regulator fee matters, including Ontario and Alberta market Participation Fee forms, and submissions through SEDAR, OTCIQ and CSE
- Proficiency in preparing and filing Form 45-106F1 – Reports of Exempt Distribution via SEDAR, OSC portal, BC eServices, and preparation of SEC Form D reports and EDGAR and blue sky submissions
- Proficiency in registering Exempt Market Dealer and IIROC registrants firms and its management members, and maintaining ongoing records via the National Registration Database (NRD)
- Proficiency in preparing monthly Toronto Stock Exchange Form 1s, Canadian Securities Exchange Form 7s and event driven disclosure and submissions with each exchange
- Proficiency with the System for Electronic Disclosure by Insiders (SEDI) and reporting obligations
- Knowledge of Newsfile, Accesswire, Cision and GlobeNewswire press release portals in connection with press release dissemination matters
- Preparation of the following documents:
- Articles of Incorporation/Organization (including share provisions), Amalgamations, Amendments, Revivals, Dissolutions, Continuances, Extra Provincial Registrations
- Review and update minute books to rectify deficiencies
- Draft agreements and provide supporting documents relating to corporate and tax reorganizations, and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a law firm setting;
- Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certified;
- Previous experience preparing and completing SEDAR, SEDI, NRD, BC eServices, OSC portal, TSX SecureFile (TMX LINX), OTCIQ, CSE and EDGAR submissions;
- Working knowledge of the relevant securities and corporate legislation;
- Strong technical skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Calendar);
- Knowledge of Cyberbahn, DisclosureNet, DocuSign, Aderant 8, Expert Time, and ND Office an asset;
- Knowledge of Computershare, and National Securities Administrator transfer agent shareholder portals an asset;
- Experience using Corplink;
- Broad understanding of corporate law, and legal concepts relative to securities law;
- Capacity to exercise initiative and efficiently and effectively manage many files simultaneously and work well under pressure;
- Sound ability to adhere to strict deadlines;
- Strong ability to problem solve with minimal supervision:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently, following instructions with minimal supervision;
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work within time sensitive deadlines and manage multiple priorities; and
- Conscientious with strong attention to detail.
Why You Should Apply:
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP offers a congenial work environment, competitive compensation commensurate with experience, a full benefits program, and an opportunity to work part of your work week from home. Our benefits include health and dental coverage, competitive vacation packages, referral programs, and employee assistance programs. When starting at the Firm, new team members are provided a comprehensive training and orientation program. Our Firm strives to nurture the professional development of our support staff through offering training workshops regularly throughout the year and Lunch & Learn events on a variety of topics on a quarterly basis.
We look forward to meeting the successful candidate and having a long-term professional relationship. Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your e-mail.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected
for an interview will be contacted.